This item ships for free!
The Toyota Tacoma Falcon Sport Shock Absorber System is engineered to deliver increased stability and control as well as improved ride quality and comfort both on and off-road. These compact and affordable shocks are ideal for daily driven vehicles.
ZRT - Zone Rate Tuning
Zone Rate Tuning (ZRT) manipulates the factory linear-rate spring tuning to produce three distinct performance zones with a more exaggerated spring curve to tackle various driving conditions.
An internal negative-rate spring offsets the factory spring’s preload while in the Extension Zone. This eliminates top out clunk and shock stress at full extension, while softening tire landing and reducing body roll on impact during aggressive driving.
The factory spring rate is unaffected in Drive Zone for a comfortable and controlled ride. A provided progressive microcellular bump stop effectively retunes the spring rate while in Compression Zone to reduce bottoming and body roll during aggressive driving.
VOD - Volume Optimized Damping
Traditional velocity sensitive shock absorbers react quickly during low speed driving causing excessive “head toss” on rough terrain – or even driveways. Conventional damping then firms up during faster speeds resulting in a jarring ride.
Falcon’s proprietary Volume Optimized Damping (VOD) features a digressive linear valve that produces quicker ramp up for increased damping volume, which improves vehicle feedback and control during low-speed driving. VOD also improves the shock absorber’s ability to reduce bottoming out at full compression during faster speeds or over uneven terrain.
• 2016+ Toyota Tacoma
• Two (2) monotube front shock absorbers
• Two (2) piggyback rear shock absorbers
• Front & rear progressive microcellular bump foam bump stops
• Billet coil spring carrier
• Injection molded squeak-free spring isolator
• Rear bump stop cups
• Rear Roost Guards
• All necessary hardware
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Application-specific pickup shock absorbers w/ race-inspired performance
• Front shock features multiple snap ring grooves to level out front end
• Snap ring grooves maintain set ride height (instructions laser etched on shock body)
• Dramatic improvement in on-road comfort & off-road performance
• Increases vehicle stability
• Improved dynamic roll control & low speed damping
• All testing done on E-rated tires (worst possible ride)
• 2.25” shock body provides optimal performance
• Optimized fitment for clearance during full suspension travel
• 6061-T6 aluminum alloy shock body resists wear & protects internal components while providing superior heat dissipation
• Smooth honed internal shock body surface for long-term performance
• 3/4” shaft to prevent shaft buckling
• Induction hardened chrome plated shaft resists rock damage & corrosion
• Hard anodized piston
• Zone Rate Tuning (ZRT) retunes the factory spring in the Extension, Drive & Compression zones
• Negative spring inside shock body eliminates top out clunk, softens tire landing, & reduces body roll & stress on shock
• Application-specific tuned bump stop reduces bottoming out & body roll
• OGS – the oil/gas separator prevents cavitation
• Digressive linear piston
• 1-piece Teflon bronze piston wear band w/ O-ring
• High-quality spherical bushings (when applicable)
• Zerk fittings to lube bushing (when applicable)
• Red Line full synthetic shock oil with high viscosity index of 519 for consistent performance across all temperatures & reduced shock fade
• Synthetic formula also contains special anti-wear & lubricity agents for excellent thermal stability
• 1,000-hour salt spray corrosion resistance test on all hardware
• Serviceable & rebuildable (factory serviced)
• Built in-house at the TeraFlex Falcon Shock Division
• Patent pending design
• 3-year warranty
• Never exceed factory tow/haul ratings.
INSTALL TIME: 3.5 Hours
|No reviews for this item|